One of our most relaxing and rejuvenating camp activities is yoga. We are so grateful to have an awesome yoga teacher to teach our campers the benefits of yoga and guide them through the poses. Summer camp is a fun, active and busy time. It is a fun-filled day with hustle and bustle, but we feel it is important to give campers the opportunity on their schedule to relax and take it all in.
Yoga has many benefits to kids. Some of the benefits it has are:
- Developing body awareness
- Learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way
- Manage stress through breathing, awareness, meditation and healthy movement
- Build concentration
- Increase their confidence and positive self-image
- Feel part of a healthy, non-competitive group
- Have an alternative to tuning out through constant attachment to electronic devices
We know the importance of health and fitness at camp and want our campers to experience a wide array of activities. Our campers young and old all enjoy coming to yoga, you can see the difference in them from when they get to class to when they leave. The come in bouncy and enthusiastic, and leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.