We know you have many choices when it comes to summer camp and we want to share with you 10 reasons why Pine Crest Day Camp is the best!
- Impeccable reputation: For 58 amazing and fantastic seasons, PCDC has been making memories of happy and exciting summers for campers. Our goal has been to give each child an entertaining summer experience while they are being introduced to a variety of skills, challenges, and best of all new friends. We take pride in being the longest running camp in South Florida and continue to find new, and innovate ways to make our program the best it can be!
- Stupendous Staff: Our staff members are the cream of the crop! Our entire staff has been carefully selected on the basis of experience and character. From our top Camp Administrators down to our youngest Campers-In-Service, we are committed to offering the children our fullest attention, our complete caring, our enthusiasm toward activities, our devotion to creativity, and are safety conscious at every turn. Our counselors are positive examples of integrity and are true leaders in their respective high school and college communities.
- Happy Campers: Once you experience PCDC you keep coming back every year! You make lifelong friendships and have memorable experiences. Many of our current staff members started as campers at kindergarten and worked there way up through our volunteer Counselor-In-Training program, all the way to staff. Our current director started as a camper herself!
- Amazing Activities: At Pine Crest Day Camp, we have an ever-evolving program which varies slightly from year to year. We seek out the most qualified instructors and are always adding the latest “trends” in regard to our programming. Our activities are age-appropriate and geared toward age capabilities from our oldest to our youngest campers. Example activities for all ages include: Arts and Crafts, Baseball/Softball/T-Ball, Basketball, Beading, Bingo, Capture-the-Flag, Cartooning, Climbing Wall, Cookie Crafts, Lanyards, Mini-Golf, Paddleboats, Scavenger Hunts, Shrinky Dinks, Waterslides, and Swimming. Specific Activities for our upper camp (grades 3-7) may include: Archery, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Waterbikes, and Zipline. A few activities designed for only our lower camp (grades K-2) may include: McSports, Lagoon, PCDC-Ville, and Storytelling.
- Fantastic Food: A variety of lunch choices, including a salad bar, deli bar, peanut butter and jelly, kosher hot dogs, hard boiled eggs, and hot lunches are provided daily. All campers will also receive a morning snack and a refreshing afternoon snack each day. We realize that campers have very different diets, preferences, and dietary requirements. By offering a diverse menu, it is our hope that your child(ren) will be able to find something that suits their preferences, regardless of dietary restrictions.
- Fabulous Facilities: PCDC sits on 49 manicured and landscaped acres. It is here that all of our activities take place. Our facilities include three swimming pools, two gymnasiums, three auditoriums, two football fields, softball and baseball diamonds, professional batting cages, soccer, sports, and lacrosse fields, a man-made lake, and the thrilling and exciting zip line that traverses our scenic lake.
- Water Safety: All campers must meet our “Water Safe” Criteria. We refer to water safe as moving independently in the water, survival floating, and water confidence. We want to make sure that your child is comfortable in the water and with a large pool. All children will be swim tested on the first day of camp. We have seven lifeguards at the pool overseeing campers as they cool off and enjoy the water!
- Creative Cabins: We transform our campus into a summer playground! Classrooms are turned into cabins and decorated with crafts and artwork created by campers. Our cabins are separated into male and female groups. Each cabin has 3 counselors in it and each counselor is trained to make every camper have the best experience!
- Safety & Security: Our Campus has 24-hour security, 7 days a week by uniformed, trained, and certified security personnel. Our security program has been recognized as a model for independent schools by private security companies and police agencies throughout the country. Cooperative partnerships with the Fort Lauderdale Police Department along with security training presentations and audits to schools throughout the country have led Pine Crest into the forefront of school safety and security. All counselors and staff 18 and older must pass an extensive background check to be eligible to work here.
- Health Office: Should the services of our Registered Nurse ever be needed, rest assured that your child will be well-cared for by our caring and knowledgeable RN and her compassionate and kind assistants. Parents will be informed any time their child makes a visit to the nurse for an injury or illness.
These are just some of the MANY amazing reasons that make PCDC the best summer camp in South Florida. We would love for your child to experience the magic, the fun and the memories.